At about 3pm yesterday I found out that Eric Gagne purchased 5,000 tickets and was going to give them away to fans on a first come, first served basis (by the way-- stay classy, Gagne). I yanked two of those up as soon as they were put up on the interweb and Molly and I made our way to Miller Park.
Yovani Gallardo pitched a stellar first game back and Zach Duke pitched better than he has in a LONG time. With the score tied, Ryan Braun steps to the plate with the bases loaded and two outs in the bottom of the 10th. "Grand slam," I tell Molly, "Right field." She didn't find me amusing, thinking I was going to jinx the game and (essentially) end our playoff hopes. The Mets had already won so the Brewers needed to win this to keep pace.
Okay, so I called the wrong field. But Braun hits, on a 2-2 count, a grand freakin' slam (the first grand slam by a Brewer all year). Miller Park erupted. I didn't even see Braun round the bases because I was climbing on the seats and jumping up and down, twirling my rally towel, hootin' and hollerin'. Every game is a playoff game now, and the energy in that ballpark showed it.
Phenomenally phenomenal.
Three games left. Anybody tense yet?

-KP
3 comments:
He looks like such a little kid in that picture. :)
I should probably note (if it's not blatantly obvious) that I 'borrowed' that picture from JSOnline. Don't need myself getting sued... :)
I promise I won't tell!
Also, OMG THE BREWERS HOLY CRAP. We're going to be in Door County camping for the next two days and I won't know what happened until MONDAY. Please make sure good things happen. I think I can trust you with this, Kyle.
Post a Comment