I think today's brutal, brutal loss is the nail in the coffin for the Brewers' playoff hopes. It would require the fates to align a lot of different variables in perfect order. Bummer.
The game last night was a lot of fun. It was organized by the UWM Alumni Chicago Chapter. We met up at Gooose Island for a social hour before the game and one of my undergraduate professors, Larry Baldassaro, was present. He's a baseball historian (having published a book on Ted Williams and currently working on a book on Italian Americans in baseball). It was nice catching up with him and, through all coincidences, we ended up having tickets next to each other for the game. It was a good time (especially since the Brewers pulled out a win--they are unbeaten in the four games I've gone to this year).
And that's about it here. I'm completely bored tonight. I have energy but don't feel like doing anything. I love when that happens.
-KP
"We like to talk big. Vampires do. 'I'm going to destroy the world.' That's just tough guy talk. Strutting around with your friends over a pint of blood. The truth is, I like this world. You've got... dog racing, Manchester United. And you've got people, billions of people walking around like Happy Meals on legs. It's all right here. But then someone comes along with a vision, with a real... passion for destruction. Angel could pull it off. Goodbye, Piccadilly. Farewell, Leicester Bloody Square."
-Spike, Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
1 comment:
It's nice sites provided us good content and information about sport and games. well, keep up it.
Post a Comment