1. Let's talk baseball. I like baseball. I like the Brewers. But man, is it stressful liking the Brewers when they are actually in a pennant race. I just witnessed Manny Parra give up a three run home run against a pitcher who is throwing his first major league game. I'm practically throwing things around the room.
2. Every once in a while Molly and I have wine nights, where we go through a couple of bottles of wine between the both of us. Suffice it to say, I go into work the following morning slightly dehydrated. Tomorrow will be one of those mornings.
3. I finally read Watchmen. Quality. Can't wait for the movie.
4. I dislike Palin for the same reason I dislike most Republicans--she's a social conservative. I'm pretty black and white when it comes to that. She also advocates abstinence only education, which as evidenced by her own teenage daughter, doesn't work. I don't take any political pleasure in the fact that her daughter is pregnant... and I do think that it's a topic that should be off limits to debate and personal criticism--but I've never seen the logic in preaching abstinence.
5. I'm switching from wine to beer. I'm classy like that.
6. I'm DVR'ing the 90210 remake. Mind you, it's not because I'm expecting to like it. It's because I'm expecting it to be as much of a train wreck as that one Britney Spears movie. It should be glorious.
7. I'm going to two Brewers games this weekend! We're going with the Grovers Friday night (which is awesome, because I feel like it's been years since I've seen them) and then again Saturday night. But the most important question: do I wear my Braun jersey both nights, or is wearing it two consecutive nights kinda dirty?
8. We finally watched Comedy Central's Roast of Bob Saget tonight. Freakin' hilarious. Incredibly dirty, but freakin' hilarious.
9. Back to the Brew Crew. I like Manny Parra, I really do. But I wish he had it in him to last beyond the fifth inning.
10. Our good friends Frank and Maria moved to Evanston this weekend which, granted, isn't all that far away. But I'll be a wee bit selfish for a second and say that Wheeling is a little less interesting without them.
...and I'll throw in #11 for good measure...
11. I hope David Tennant never leaves Doctor Who. (Yes, I'm a geek).
-KP
"Exterminieren! Exterminieren! Halt! Sonst werden wir Sie exterminieren! Sie sind jetzt ein Gefangener der Daleks! Exterminieren! Exterminieren!"
-The Daleks, Doctor Who
2 comments:
We just had a wine night last night! And as a result the dinner dishes never got washed...kinda gross. But on the plus side - we got a futon so you guys will have somewhere to sleep on Friday night! And no baby!!! Squee!!!
Also, Sarah Palin supposedly likes to ask librarians "hypothetical" questions about banning books from public libraries because some voters think they have bad language in them.
How delightful!
Post a Comment