Friday, September 5, 2008

The last laugh?

I hear that it is ill-advised to check up on your 401(k) frequently since, more often than not, you'll drive yourself crazy. This is fact, but given that I'm still new to this whole "saving for your future" concept I continue to get a kick out of how much funds can fluctuate on a daily basis (especially given how the market sucks this year).

I'll provide an example: yesterday my year to date change was -11%. Today it has fallen to -16%. That's basically "bad" to "worse", right? Thankfully, I can laugh this off (I'm buying in at uber-low prices, right?).

-KP

"Thanks to Toby, I have a very strong prejudice against Human Resources. I believe that the department is a breeding ground for monsters. What I failed to consider though, is that not all monsters are bad. Like ET. Is Holly our extra-terrestrial? Maybe. Or maybe she's just an awesome woman from this planet."
-Michael Scott, The Office

2 comments:

Molly said...

well look at you blogging...

i'm commenting, so you can comment back, so tomorrow i remember that I read this

haha

Jim said...

Wait, what?

http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=loostpr2.jpg

--grooves