Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Randomnicity (07.01.08 Edition)

1. Why didn't I take my camera? Why didn't I take my camera? Jessie came down for a bit last weekend so she and I could go to the (*ahem*) comic book convention in Rosemont. Lots of free stuff! Lots of super-awesome deals (Captain America #25 for six dollars!?!). And LOTS of geek-types dressed as Christian Bale-Batman, Thin Superman, Obese Superman, Thor, Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, and a bajillion X-Men.

Also, Lou Ferrigno was there.

2. Tomorrow marks my one-year anniversary at Nielsen. Crazy, no?

3. Somewhat similarly, it is surprising--and thus unnerving--how much I like programming in SAS. It's challenging and rewarding in a professional, employed, this-is-what-I-do-with-my-life type of way. Wow. That's pretty lame.

4. Frank and Maria are pretty awesome to hang out with. In fact, they're Wheeling-rific!

5. I read the final volume of Y: The Last Man today. Absolutely gutwrenching. This is one comic for non-comic book fans.

6. Wheeling Freedom Fest this weekend! Which am I looking forward to more: top performing acts such as The Verve Pipe & Gin Blossoms or people wearing American flags as shirts and pants? I honestly don't know!

7. Hello, Brewers. Sometimes you make me nervous. One minute you're hot, the next not so much. Then you're hot again. What's up with that?

8. We had to drop a lot of money on Molly's Mitsubishi Lancer last week. Plus, I think I have a ball joint going bad on my Civic. Boo.

9. I'm trying to get back into the habit of reading (and not just comics, mind you). I keep buying all these really interesting looking books (like this one, this one, and this one) but I just can't get into a routine. Maybe that has to do with all the TV on DVD I've been watching (darn you, Netflix!).

10. Maybe I'll skip #10 and go read. Yeah, that sounds good.

-KP

"What in the name of Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret were you thinking?"
-Dr. Cox, Scrubs

5 comments:

Georgiann said...

I love reading your randomnicity... =)

Sorry to hear about Molly's car. Speaking of Molly, please tell her I said hello!!! =)

notasecretagent said...

How did I not know this was here, Kyle?! Uncool! Blogs are the type of thing I need to know about.

I might have to start posting on my own blogger account again one of these days. GAH. And I just deleted all the old posts!

notasecretagent said...

(This is Jessie, by the way. Lou Ferrigno FTW.)

KP said...

JESSIE! How be ye, friend? (I got bored with blogging on MySpace since no one is ever on it anymore).

notasecretagent said...

I am super, thank you! It was really great seeing you two last weekend. Really great! What are you up to for the 4th? Verve Pipe-fest?