Last weekend MoPo and I hightailed it out of IL for our 5th annual Team Vodka/Team Captain camping excursion. Those who know me realize that when I say “camping” I really mean “pitch a tent, build a fire, and drink all weekend.” There is very little actual camping involved (especially since we were rained out on Friday night this year and slept indoors). Amongst this year’s Rated PG highlights:
I’m a beer guy. Ever since MoPo’s oldest brother coaxed me into overdoing it with Jack and Coke, I haven’t been one for mixed drinks. I decided to break the mold and live dangerously and drink mugs of Captain & Coke. Let’s just conclude that liquor definitely takes a different toll on KP than beer does.
The copious amounts of Apple Pie did not help. But oh were they so delicious.
I got my second wind Friday night after “rudely” being awakened by two of my closest friends and their spouses, who somehow managed to stay up far later than MoPo and I. Everyone was finally asleep by 5am.
I’m surprised I didn’t kill anyone with the super-sized bull horns I found laying around the neighbor’s garage.
Most of Saturday involved sitting around the pool, recuperating from the night before (unusual in the sense that Fridays are normally our low key night). Pool time probably sounds awesome and relaxing, right? Unfortunately, the mosquitoes were simply atrocious. I got bit so bad that I look like I have the chicken pox.
This weekend we are hightailing it out of IL once again to visit JC & P* and their new house in Columbus. This is one of those things were I’m uber-excited that things worked out for them like they wanted, but at the same time things have been notably less fun around here since they left. For instance, it doesn’t really work having your work spouse be your real spouse. Having a work spouse in addition to your real spouse leads to far more fun (and frustration—I can’t forget about all that frustration!).
Now if I didn’t have to drive through that horrid state of Indiana to get to them…
-KP
2 comments:
Cool my way of camping!
M
So glad you two came to visit! I <3 you guys. :D Glad camping lived up to expectations!
-J
Post a Comment