I feel like you and I have become strangers. I don't call; you don't write. Let's rectify this.
1. I can't believe I haven't written about Star Trek yet. Blockbuster movie clichés aside (e.g. bad jokes, superfluous scenes that only exist for the popcorn factor) I really thought this lived up to the hype. I thought it was well shot, well written, and geeked out a little when they embraced the "reboot" aspect and blew up ******. I didn't even mind that they had ***** shackin' up with *****. I can't wait for the DVD release and I can't wait for the sequel. Whoever thought a Trek movie would gross over $200 million?
2. Interleague play and Miami aside, how awesome have the Brew Crew been lately? I've already matched my game attendance from last year (five games, 5-0 record last year; this year 4-1) and am going three times next week. Give me a shout if you're at the game Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday nights.
3. This is the second time in a row I've gone to a Decemberists concert and bought the CD of the opening band (last year it was Laura Veirs; this year it's Blind Pilot). I thought the Decemberists did a bang up job... it took a while for the "rock opera" that is The Hazards of Love to truly grow on me, but I think seeing it live really helped cement it as something special. Also? Best cover of "Crazy On You" I've ever heard.
4. I should be getting back the four rolls of film I sent to ScanCafe any day now. The scan "proofs" looked good before I submitted my final order (they were really just large thumbnails, however, so not a great judge of quality just yet) and I'm crossing my fingers that the true digitized images are going to be pretty high quality. I'll put 'em up on my Flickr page when I get them.
5. I have had way too many issues with malware and viruses this past year. I never have had a problem before now, even when I didn't know better. What gives?
6. We've been lucky enough to see Leslie & Jimmy twice in the last few weeks! Seeing them regularly is one of the things I miss most about living in Waukesha/Milwaukee...
7. We've got a new neighbor that lives below us. He's a a nice, young guy that had his wife and kid move here from India just yesterday (which isn't relevant to this story--I'm just sure that's a very exciting thing for him). However, he must desperately want DISH service as opposed to cable because, when the guy told him he couldn't get signal because of a rather large tree, he actually knocked on my door to see if they could install the dish on my deck. I think that's rather ballsy, don't you? I don't think I'd ever impose on someone like that, but maybe that's just me.
8. What's a GrooGrux King?
9. I collect a fair amount of television shows on DVD and it peeves me off like nothing else when they change packaging mid-run. For instance, the first four seasons of 24 had similar packaging (a bit bulky, but the same nevertheless) but they switched it to a more narrow style of box for the fifth and sixth seasons. It just doesn't look right altogether. And now what do they do? They release the seventh season in a box no wider than a standard DVD case! What gives? What's the aesthetic value in that?
10. I really need to get to a golf course and do some drinking--I mean, golfing! Yeah, swing the ol' club, the ol' 9-iron! In a very professional, golfer way!
-KP
"How come you never tortured me? You know, when I first started?"
"You were Bambi. Somebody had to teach you how to walk."
"Thank you for that. For being my teacher."
"No problem."
"Is there anything I can do to repay that favor?"
"Tell me my husband loves me more than he loves you."
"It's about the same."
"I'll take it."
-J.D. & Carla, Scrubs
2 comments:
I am glad you updated! I love reading your bullets! :)
I am not sure if you were kidding, but "GrooGrux King" was LeRoi Moore's (from DMB) nickname.
Hope all is well with you and Molly!! :)
I should update my blog as well....hmm.
So, what shows are you ganna sell me now? Remember I took the offending X Files off your hands. . .:)
Cameron went to see the Decemberists twice in 2 days- the concerty you were at, then at Northwestern for Dillo Days. . .I have a picture on my phone he sent from the first row!
About time on the Trek. . .!!!!!???
M out
Post a Comment