Sunday, April 5, 2009

Play ball, I say.

I feel like a kid the week before Christmas.

That's the closest I can come to describing my excitement for the baseball season to start, especially since we'll be going to the home opener. I don't even know how I will be able to concentrate at work--Friday just cannot come soon enough.

I was reading a Sports Illustrated article about CC Sabathia (he really is a spectacular person) while I was at the gym today. Not that I hadn't realized it before, but last year really was an amazing year to be a Brewers fan and Molly and I were lucky enough to see a lot of great games.

Among the highlights:

*CC Sabathia hitting a home run.
*Hell, just seeing Sabathia pitch throughout the second half of the season.
*Ryan Braun hitting the Brewers' only grand slam of the year in Yovani Gallardo's first game back from the DL, winning the game. I didn't even see him round the bases, too busy jumping up and down and high-fiving everyone around me.
*Ben Sheets shutting out the Padres in his pitchers duel with Jake Peavy.
*Witnessing the Brew Crew secure a .500 season, a winning season, and their 3,000th franchise win.
*Winning an NLDS game at Miller Park, playing in the playoffs for the first time since I was born.
*All of this in the company of some great friends, which really, makes all of the above worth remembering.

Here's hoping the success the Brewers have had in their exhibition games carries forward into the regular season!

-KP

3 comments:

Chetter said...

Hooray for baseball! We definitely must go to multiple games this year.

KP said...

Definitely! That would be a lot of fun!

notasecretagent said...

I WANT TO COME TOO.