Friday, March 27, 2009

Photos

I'm not one for regrets but if I could have a do-over on anything it'd concern digital photography. I didn't feel the need to buy a digital camera before studying abroad back in 2003; in the age of online photo sharing, I really want to put my pictures online (especially to serve as a 'backup' in case of fire, nuclear holocaust, or zombie attack) but only have an uber-sucky scanner. It doesn't satisfy me. Relatedly, I'll always be eternally thankful to MoPo's godparents for photgraphing our wedding free of charge (as their wedding gift to us, as they used to do it professionally) but, for similar reasons, I wish I had digital copies.

I've been doing some online researching and found this company that, provided you ship them your negatives, make a digital copy of your photos and spend up to three minutes touching up each picture if need be. You only have to buy 50% of what they scan and they then send you back all your negatives and a disc with the digital images you chose. All of this for what I consider a really decent price ($.24/image). I can't find a bad review about them online but am a bit hesitant to package up my negatives and send them on their merry way. I'm thinking about doing a trial run and only sending them a small batch.

Has anyone used this service or know anybody who has done something like this?

-KP

"I'm doing this thing where I take a slice of someone else's wisdom and use it in my own life."
"Seems coincidental."
"And yet I do it almost every week!"
-JD & Jordan, Scrubs

No comments: