Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Economic Bliss

You heard it here first, ladies and gents: the economy is turning around! Just a few days ago my 401(k) was -42% YTD. But today? It shot all the way up to +2.9%! Such a drastic increase is undeniable proof that we are on the up and up!

Oh, wait. What?

We're only a few days into a brand new year, you say? You mean the "year-to-date" started over when 2008 became 2009? The +2.9% isn't indicative of a 45 percentage point increase, and all that money is still sitting at the bottom of the lake bed?

Nevermind then.

-KP

"I’m marrying a woman who’s not only hot but loves Star Wars. That’s the dream." [high fives air]
"What was that?"
"I was high-fiving fifteen year old me through the space-time continuum. [To invisible past-Ted] We did it. We did it, you masturbating little bastard!"
-Ted & Stella, How I Met Your Mother

2 comments:

notasecretagent said...

Oh... ouch. :( I'm (sort of) glad that's not something I have to worry about yet since I have not been so successful in the job market yet. But a + must be nice to see! :D

PS - Growing up I always wanted to be the hot girl who loved Star Wars. I am pleased that I got at least one of those down. w00t! *high fives kid-self*

Ema said...

BEHOLD- the ONLY upside to having NO 401 K. . .not having to watch it die. . .and live. . .and die. . .

M