Hello, friends.
1. ZOMG, The Sky Is Falling! Seriously, how bad is this economy getting? Or perhaps the more proper question: how much worse can it get? Everyday, CNN broadcasts the latest doom and gloom, then I look at my 401(k) and go, blech. Over the weekend it bottomed out at -40.2% YTD. Ouch.
2. I'm currently growing facial hair--attempting full blown beard-age action with the spectacular goal of sporting a moustache for Halloween. Legendary, hilarious, or simply icky?
3. What a wacky week of football, eh?
4. We went to Bye Bye Liver this weekend with our friends Jessica and Patrick... it was kind of on the short side but was pretty entertaining. Not a bad deal on a bucket o' beer, either (5 Bud Lights for $12). Yes, that's right: Bud Light... the Commish would not approve.
5. I'm giving Heroes one more week to try and regain my interest. It's just boring.
6. Fringe, on the other hand, is not.
7. I want the Tampa Bay Rays to go to, and win, the World Series.
8. I paid off my first student loan. Granted, it was relatively tiny (a $1500 private loan to help finance my travels through Europe in 2003) but it's nice to get something crossed off my debt list. We just won't speak of the size of my remaining Direct Loan...
9. This month was the first time I've ever been late in paying rent (I wasn't paying attention to the calendar). And, man, do these property owners not kid around! I had notice on my door regarding intent to evict the morning of the first day it was late. Seriously? It ended up being just fine, I got a "one time warning" and the late fee was waived--but the way this place is run reminds of an ironclad bank.
10. I need to figure out what to do about my master's paper. It got rejected (one reviewer seems to think it worthy of a 'revise and resubmit' while another absolutely hated it; the editor apparently agreed with the latter sentiment). I'm edging towards reworking it and then resubmitting it to another journal, but there are certain logistical problems with not being in school anymore that I need to figure out.
-KP
"Barney, how can you be in love and still be sleeping with anything that moves?"
"I'm sorry I don't follow you. That's like saying, 'How can an ant carry 20 times its body weight but Root Beer floats are still delicious?' Are the two even related?"
-Lily & Barney, How I Met Your Mother
No comments:
Post a Comment