Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Inner Nerd

When I was growing up I was a pretty nerdy Star Trek fan. Now, I'm one of those hip-nerdy Star Trek fans (is there such a thing?). But there was no containing my level of inner geekdom when I stumbled across the first stills from the new Star Trek movie.

For the one of you out there that may also appreciate these.

-KP

"I've done far worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on... hurting you. I shall leave you as you left me, as you left her. Marooned for all eternity, in the center of a dead planet. Buried alive... buried alive."
"KHHHHAAAAAAAAN!"
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

4 comments:

notasecretagent said...

Much better than I thought. Kyle, I think you will need to let me know when you go see it, because John has already refused. Twice.

KP said...

We can definitely go. I got Molly to like Firefly--I'm not going to push my luck with this one (even if it does have Sylar in it).

notasecretagent said...

SWEET.

I think my first mistake was describing the plot of Star Trek IV to John... though I can't imagine describing the plot of any Star Trek movie would entice him to watch it.

Maybe I should try to get him to watch First Contact, but I feel like it's so much better if you have a context for the events in that film. Gah.

Ema said...

Very nice. . . .as a mother with a child named after a Star Trek Voyager character. . .I approve!

M