Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm That Guy

Begin rant.

I hate children.

I got really tired this afternoon so instead of going to the gym (which I've been doing again lately), I thought, "Gee, wouldn't it be great to take a little nap instead?" So I come home, crawl into bed, and fall asleep... for about five minutes. Then I start hearing bumping and pounding.

I curse.

See, the children upstairs have this problem with playing in the halls (today's activity: kicking balls back and forth). The problem is, since the apartment was built in the '70s, the noise reverberates throughout the building. I can hear them playing, in the hall upstairs, from my bedroom. These kids love to play in the hallways, even though I've talked to them before, and I've contacted the property managers about it (everybody got a nice note on their doors one day--basically saying, "Hey, knuckleheads, don't let your kids play in the halls!" (Interesting fact: it's against the terms of the lease and there are playgrounds outside for the use of children).

So I bolted out the door, went upstairs, and (hopefully) scared the hell out of them. The problem? They're, like, 5 and have the memory span of goldfish. The bigger problem? I'm not tired anymore.

There goes that nice nap.

I hate children.

And parents who don't realize that their kids can't run all over the place in a multi-family dwelling.

End rant.

-KP

"So this hot new intern leans over my desk, I can totally see she has a pierce... Brosnan! Pierce Brosnan is my favorite of all the Bonds."
-Ted, How I Met Your Mother

4 comments:

Georgiann said...

i feel your pain...something similar was going on at our old place.

Jessica said...

Pssh, you call that annoying? In college, our bedroom wall was also the bedroom wall of a a 7ft basketball player who liked to have very loud sex to very loud music just when I was about to fall asleep. And the people who lived above us bowled in their apartment on a regular basis. I don't miss that at all...

Chetter said...

I suspect you don't hate children (as I've seen you both with your nieces and with Buster) but rather you hate parents who allow their children to act all wild and crazy and with no respect or concern for others. Parenting isn't hard, it just requires a lot of attention that sadly many parents aren't willing to give.

KP said...

I would say that is a fairly accurate assessment. :)