Hey, folks. Hopelessly bored tonight, so here are some random musings.
1. I read an article the other day: a study indicated that, with regards to health care reform, if you simply describe the proposed changes and completely omit Obama's name, a decent chunk of conservatives actually get on board with it.
1a. Humorous anecdote #1: The leading GOP candidate for 2012 contributed to the enactment of "Obamacare" in his own state while he was governor.
1b. Humorous anecdote #2: Sarah Palin used to cross the border to Canada for health care, which makes sense considering how revolting she claims Canadian health care is.
2. Molly is watching America's Next Top Model right now. That show is like crack to her.
3. IT'S ST. PADDY'S DAY THIS WEEKEND. Not only shall Saturday be full of drunken debauchery (drinking starts at 8am; bedtime will be approximately 7pm, should past events indicate anything) but JC, MoPo, and I also took off for the real St. Patrick's Day to extend the celebration. Oh, if only I were truly Irish.
4. I interviewed for a new position created within the Measurement Science department. If I got it, I'd again be working for the manager who hired me into the company, plus it's two levels above my current pay grade (I was strongly encouraged by current and former bosses to apply for it... since I'm qualified and would have been promoted at least once already, had it not been for the "economic situation"). The job description sounds cool (in a geeky stats sort of way) and it would free me from babysitting Kraft every month, so please keep your fingers crossed!
5. With the release of the most recent BSG soundtrack, I have been listening to a lot of Bear McCreary lately. I love that guy.
6. I bought a new camera! Thanks to my sister and cousin, who steered me towards the Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i. I'm so incredibly stoked to use it--now I need to go out, practice, and develop some mad skills before heading out for Deutschland.
7. I have hit a plateau with my bowling game, despite purchasing my own equipment. I can typically pick up 8 or 9 pins per frame, but picking up those elusive spares has been dogging me. Unfortunate.
8. How rockin' is this? Frank and Maria asked me to be an usher at their wedding! This is made even cooler when you consider the awesome picture of me they put up on their wedding website.
9. I know I mentioned this last time, but I'm still really, really, really, really excited for baseball to start. I've been listening to the spring training games while at work and I think, despite the turnover this year, we've got some promise. The players' statements about "growing up" (i.e. no more choreographed celebrations) are unfortunate, however. I think other teams just overreacted.
10. I'm glad Avatar didn't clean house at the Oscars. It's strange: if anything, I am a sci-fi geek... and I have no desire to see this. Maybe it's because there is too much CGI? Or just that Sam Worthington is the star? (I finally watched Terminator Salvation... awful). I'm not even sure what the reason is, to be honest. What I do know is that I liked The Hurt Locker and have no problem with it winning Best Picture.
-KP
"What's Jagermeister?"
"You know how in a fairy tale there's always a potion that makes the princess fall asleep and then the guys start kissing her? Well, this is like that except you don't wake up in a castle — you wake up in a frat house with a bad reputation."
-Luke & Phil, Modern Family
1 comment:
I don't want to get all librarian-y on you, but can you share the citation for that first article? I know someone who should read it. :)
Post a Comment