Sunday, January 31, 2010

*tap, tap*

...is this thing still on? How the heck did it get to be so long since my last blog? I realize most of what I say is uber-trivial but, at the very least, one would think I could have killed some time at work by tossing out a blog or two. Oh, well... since I had a very delicious and gluttonous turkey dinner tonight (rendering me largely immobile), how about I try to reconstruct the last 3 months in no particularly structured way?

1. I was fortunate enough to attend three Packers games this year, including my first Monday Night Football game. Talk about a great spur of the moment decision--we bought tickets a few days beforehand, enjoyed a Green Bay victory (with numerous hot chocolates!) and drove back to the IL afterwards. Kudos to the Red Bull and 5-Hour Energy that kept me safe and alert on our drive back. Getting back to Wheeling at 3am meant a particularly awesome next day at work.

1a. It was highly unfortunate that the Packers weren't able to advance further in the playoffs, but we were able to experience the highs and lows of that game at Will's, a particularly awesome Packers bar down by Wrigley. (Semi-humorous anecdote: we got into a fight with some drunk old dude, but made up and were BFF's after the Packers made their second-half comeback... nothing like Packer solidarity to settle personal differences).

2. After spending a relaxing but not-so-exciting 2009 vacation at my parents' place up in Tomahawk, MoPo and I are thinking a little grander this year and booked tickets to Germany. It should be a great time--can't wait! Plus, I'm going to use it as an excuse to buy a nicer camera. :)

3. I almost titled this blog "ZOMGIT'SALMOSTTUESDAYANDLOSTISBACK!!!!" but I am trying to keep a calm demeanor. Unfortunately for MoPo and a few of my coworkers, calm does not equal quiet... and I have not shut up about Lost all week. Hell, I even re-watched all of Season 5 the last few days (on blu-ray!). And there may be some truth to the rumors that I'll dust off my Halloween costume and Dharma beer labels to welcome the show back in style.

4. Books like Under the Dome make me realize I have no survival skills or instincts whatsoever. If forced to survive on my own, my super useful education and computer skills would do me no good whatsoever. Awesome. I'm usually reminded of this once a month when the latest Walking Dead issue comes out (I think I'd be among the first to go come a zombie apocalypse), but finishing Stephen King's latest read made me contemplate this on a whole new level. And make me feel guilty about cruelty to ants.

5. We totally joined a bowling league with our friends Frank and Matt. I subsequently found that I redefine "suckage" unless I have a personal pitcher of beer to guide my game. With beer, I rise to "meh" status.

6. Molly's parents bought the Brewers 20-game ticket package again this year. I really cannot wait for baseball season to start up. Words cannot convey how much I need my Brewers and Miller Park fix right now.

7. We had a Club 715 reunion last night, which was particularly awesome.

8. I haven't been to Wisconsin at all in four weeks! I think that sets some sort of record. In fact, we've done so many different things in the city lately that it's actually starting to feel like we live here. Though I'm sure that feeling will change soon enough.

Alright, time to jet out for now. Shall we see how long it takes for me to blog again?

-KP

1 comment:

notasecretagent said...

!! I can't wait to see you guys this weekend! The Boyfriend has said he will be joining us as well.

Let's go to another Brewers game this year. Or more than one. I haven't gotten any tickets yet or heard if my dad is keeping his, but let's work something out. :) I'm more psyched than usual for baseball season this year... I think I've been inside too long.