The psychology of sports is really something, isn't it? I’m not an angry individual—I’m really not. Sure, I get upset over some things… even seemingly pointless things, but I don’t get angry. Last night, however, I don’t think I could have expressed any more anger—-which seems rather silly since the Packers, Vikings, Brett Favre, Ted Thompson, or Ragnar don’t affect me in any objective way. But sports fans tend to be very personal about their teams and the drama that surrounds them.
Which, of course, can lead to heartbreak when the desired outcome isn't reached.
Heartbreak? Really? Over a football game?
That’s Packer Nation for you. You idolize a guy growing up and you feel betrayed when he craps all over you. And is that really unreasonable? Favre could have taken the high road when confronted with the “tyranny” of Ted Thompson. But he didn’t. He didn’t even come close.
Of course, I realize that the Vikings were the better team. It really didn’t come down to Favre vs. Rodgers like many were hoping. For me, it comes down to this: which team would have won last night if QB roles were reversed and Rodgers was a Viking and Favre still a Packer?
Unfortunately, the Vikes.
I have no doubt about that, given the way our offensive line acts like a bunch of Sally’s this year. On the flip side, however, who would you want as your QB for the rest of the season? I’m still going Rodgers. Sooner or later, all these so-called analysts will remember that the story of Favre is one of yin and yang, dark and light, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde—-the game will come when he throws three or four picks and costs them the win. Hell, even multiple wins.
-KP
No comments:
Post a Comment