Saturday, September 19, 2009

Randomnicity (09.19.09 Edition)

Without introduction, let's get to this.

1. A few months ago I started reading this comic called Locke & Key which I quite liked because it had a distinct "Stephen King" feel to it all (and I really, really like Stephen King). Fast forward a few weeks when I browsed through Barnes & Noble's bargain bin section to find a novel published by the same author (Heart-Shaped Box). Shelling out my six hard-earned dollars, I picked it up and started reading.

The premise? Guy buys ghost over internet. Horror ensues. While it may sound like a somewhat lame premise, it really has given me full-fledged in-the-daytime-nightmares.

Not unlike the comic, this novel reminded me of Stephen King as well. So I Wikipedia'd the author's name (Joe Hill) and--wouldn't you know--he's the son of Stephen King!

2. Molly and I went down to Wrigley Wednesday night to see the Brewers play the Cubs. I love Wrigley--I love the history, I love the area, and I love notching a "W" on foreign soil.

3. My hair is getting ridiculously shaggy. Err, more ridiculously shaggy.

4. Congratulations, Prince, on RBI #127. Love it.

5. I cracked the hell up over this:



6. We finally got around to watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button tonight. Wow, was I NOT expecting a nearly-three hour movie.

7. Are you watching Glee? If not, you are making a grave mistake. For realsies. Best new show of the season. LOL funny.

8. I think it now runs against the grain to admit to liking Michael Moore nowadays (is that a true assessment, or am I just imagining things?) but I really can't wait for his new documentary to come out.

Ok, time to make like a dork and go play video games on a Saturday night. After an entire summer of non-stop-on-the-go-weekends, this is actually refreshing.

Good night, all!

-KP

No comments: