Hello, bloggers--it's been quite some time, hasn't it?
Work has been CR-AZY. Plenty of long hours, working a bit on weekends, and taking the bulk of the load to try and secure new business. I feel I've been doing some quality work but with wage and hiring freezes, of course, I don't really get rewarded or acknowledged by my bosses. To put it in perspective, by the time two of my colleagues celebrated their 2-year anniversary they had been promoted twice (and I still have only received a diddly prorated raise for my first 6 months of service). Don't get me wrong; I understand these are different times and there are plenty of people out there who wouldn't mind putting in 60 hour weeks.
So, besides work, what else is new?
I can't even tell you the last time I had a weekend to do absolutely nothing. Weddings and bachelor parties up the wazoo, the annual birthday bash and "camping" trip, and now we'll have a Brewer game or two to finish up the month of August (all of which are uber-fun). But it will be nice to get a weekend to do absolutely nothing (whenever that is), even though I'll complain of boredom when it does occur.
And to finish this post up (for now): Wow, trying to shake up the clubhouse a little bit? (Edit: and this too!) Molly and I are going to the game tonight (yeah, we're crazy driving up on a weeknight, but we had to take advantage of the Home Run Derby promotion--$28 tickets for $5... thanks, Prince!) and now I'm really interested to see how the team will react and perform. I have no delusions that we'll make it into the postseason, but having a winning record would be nice!
-KP
No comments:
Post a Comment