I definitely noticed that a lot of men around us hated Danica Patrick (for being female? for being popular? for having talent? for all three?) and hated Marco Andretti for "having everything handed to him by Daddy." Of course, these rather vocal criticisms were more or less conveyed in vulgar language and rude hand gestures. I felt I was amongst a very enlightened crowd--and all in front of the children, no less!
Here are a few pictures... not great quality because I was high up (better to see the whole track) and my camera isn't known for its zoom capabilities. How come things always look further away through the camera than in person?
-KP
"I couldn't help myself. I couldn't. Please, you have to understand."
"Trust me, I definitely understand. See, I can't help myself either. But children. I could never do that. Not like you. Never. Ever. Kids."
"Why?"
"I have standards."
-Dexter
4 comments:
How does Danica Patrick have talent? She drives a freaking car in a circle.
If that's your only criticism, then it can be lobbed at all drivers... not just her. :)
I found out yesterday at a dinner party that a faculty member in my department is really into racing. Her brother is a crew chief (I think that's what she called the position) for a famous driver.
Dexter is awesome.
Post a Comment