After seeing the IMAX version of Deathly Hallows late Friday night, I was left with these following thoughts:
- I rather liked Deathly Hallows, just as I've liked all the David Yates directed Potter films. I feel the creative teams have really figured out how to appropriately condense the stories from each book. And, more importantly, they're doing their best to overcome J.K. Rowling's horrible style of storytelling (that is, telling and not showing... there's way too much damned exposition in her books). Truly, most of my issues with the movie were issues I have with her book.
- The only somewhat awkward scene was the softcore wizard porn (which may have only been awkward because there wasn't more of it).
- The score of the film was spectacular. I already bought the soundtrack (much to MoPo's chagrin; she doesn't understand my fascination with film scores).
- The $17 per IMAX ticket was a complete waste of money. Is this what all theatrical movies look like on IMAX? I've never seen a "real" movie on IMAX before (just the more environmentally-themed films they tend to show at the Milwaukee Public Museum). There was nothing remotely 3D about this -- truly, it was like the Marcus UltraScreen except every seat in the place felt like it was 5 feet in front of the screen. It was not comfortable and it wasn't even close to an ideal movie-going experience. Horrible.
-KP

No comments:
Post a Comment