1) April is going to be a very fun month in the lives of KP & MoPo. We'll be seeing Rent when it comes through Chicago; this is tremendously exciting in and of itself but the really cool thing about it is that original Broadway cast members Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal will be in it. The second exciting event? Seeing a little duo named Flight of the Conchords...
2) I went up north to go snowmobiling two weekends ago (for the first time in probably three years). It was so awesome that I tried doing it again this past weekend... except that there was an immense lack of snow on the trails (honestly, it was a longshot anyway given the weather but I thought I'd give it a chance). Instead of snowmobiling, however, the fates substituted a different "fun" experience--being pulled over by a state trooper for going a piddly ten over the speed limit. Seriously? You have nothing better to do than pull a guy over for doing the same speed as everybody else on the highway? Luckily I was only given a warning.
3) It doesn't look like we'll be going anywhere warm and exotic for vacation this year. We're opting instead to finally put a kabosh on all this credit card debt we accumulated by studying abroad (amongst other, less rewarding expenses). We've been whittling away at it pretty steadily for a while now but have also diverted a lot of our "discretionary" expenses to fun things like vacations, HD TVs, and new furniture. Suffice it to say, the prospect of being "bad debt-free" is pretty appealing.
4) By this time next month we'll be down to a single car payment as well. Wahoo!
5) We're going to the Food & Froth Fest this weekend with Leslie & Jimmy! I can't wait.
6) Growing up, I never thought I'd be more into a TV show than I was into Star Trek or The X-Files. But I've never, never spent as much time obsessing about a TV show as I do Lost. I'm very much a guy who doesn't like time to move too fast--I like to take things one day at a time. However, now I curse any day that isn't Wednesday (although Friday is ok--Friday has BSG). And while EW's Doc Jensen helps me through the week I'm also pretty sure his analysis of what in God's name is going on is what causes me to dream about Lost (as was the case last night). So even when I'm sleeping I'm still obsessing. *sighs*
7) Girl Scout cookies! YUM.
8) I poisoned MoPo last night. Apparently she has developed an allergic reaction to catfish because this is the second time her face has puffed up after eating it. But she's ok with a lot of other types of fish and shellfish. Strange.
9) I'm not sure if I've blogged about this before but I'm pretty sure The Walking Dead is currently my favorite comic.
10) I'm almost done reading The Worst Hard Time and it is pretty tremendous (it started off kind of slow but I was hooked after the first 50 pages or so). I'm not a germaphobe but this book is definitely turning me into a dustaphobe.
-KP
"I, (state the fake name you give to women), vow to always choose wet t-shirts over wet diapers. I vow to choose D-cups over sippy cups and perfect 10s over play pens. I will never jeopardize my dignity, paycheck or awesomeness through the heinous crime of reproduction."
-Barney, How I Met Your Mother
4 comments:
Oh the FLIGHT. . .sigh, most awesome kiwis!
M
Not related to your current post, but we listened to Undaunted Courage back when we were traveling in the west (we thought it was apropos given the road trip). I have to say, it was amazingly amazing. I always thought of them as bastards, but the book almost changed my mind. If you like Undaunted Courage, I also recommend 1776. We listened to that on our drive home from Philly.
Oh, and by the way. We had a blast when you guys visited!! And, I got our Decemberists tix. Squee!
NICE! I'm way excited for the Decemberists.
And thanks for talking up the book--I've just started and am not very far into it yet. I also agree with you on 1776--I read it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Post a Comment